What happens if water accidentally gets spilled onto a power strip? Some people say that pure water is not a conductor, but practically you should never rely on this statement. The water will definitely have some minerals, making it a conductor.
Case 1: It can cause a short circuit.
Result 1: The fuse or the circuit breaker may trip.
What to do: Go to the switchboard where the power strip is connected. First, switch off then remove the power strip bar from the socket. Reset the fuse or MCB. Do not use the strip until it dry enough
Precaution: while operating wear dry rubber footwear. Your hands and everything you touch should be dry. Do not touch the circuit strip until it is removed from the socket.
Result 2: if the circuit breaker fails to operate, it can damage the equipment.
What to do: If protective device CBS fails we can’t stop the appliances from damaging. So we always should use good quality protective devices. The fuse wire should never be too thick. Along with this, the above applies here too.
Case 2: The short circuit may result in sparking and these sparking can result in fire
Result: It can burn the house if left unnoticed.
What to do: Turn off the switch if it is possible. If it is not possible, go to the supply mains, turn off the mains, and take fuses out. Stop the burning power bar from burning.
Case 3: It may not cause the Short Circuit but it can cause a shock when you touch it
Follow the steps the same as in case 1.
Case 4: It will cause nothing. It may not cause the Short circuit and cause no shock.
Still, you need to follow the steps in case 1